Tracking users on your website is extremely important. One way to gain insights into where users are getting stuck is to create Heatmaps and Recordings from your site. One of the best ways to do this is with Hotjar. Below we'll show you how to install the snippet in your theme.liquid so you can track users on your site.
1. Create Your Account In Hotjar
2. Add a New Organization
3. Add a New Site Within The Organization
Once you add a new site you'll need to input your website URL, the type of website it is and the site owner (your organization).
4. Find the Hotjar Code & Copy It
5. Open your Shopify store and press "Themes" on the left
6. Press "Actions" and "Edit Code" On The Live Theme
7. Locate your "theme.liquid" file and open
8. Within your "theme.liquid" search for "/head"
9. Paste your copied Hotjar code above the "/head"
10. Go back to Hotjar and "Verify Installation"
11. Click "Heatmaps" on the left and create your first heatmap!